Saturday 5 May 2012

Autumn day in the Blue Mountains

One of our favourite places to go with visitors from overseas is the Blue Mountains. Especially when the visitor enjoys hiking and the great outdoors.


The weather was just gorgeous, warm enough and not too hot for a bush walk.


We stopped to stretch our legs at the lookout on the way up to Springwood, but it was still quite hazy, so we could not see the city.


Arriving at Conservation Hut near Wentworth Falls, we were early enough to find a spot to park so we could stop for a coffee. It was just lovely sitting outside looking out over the Jamison Valley.


Ian and Michael, our visitor, then headed off to walk the National Pass walking track. I went down as far as the first lookout, but took my time walking back up the few hundred steps back to the Hut.


I had decided I would be too slow to walk with them to elected to drive to Leura and spend the morning there. What a sacrifice!!


Well actually I went and did my own little walk to the lookout over Gordon Falls. Good job we have recently had rain so I could at least see the Falls. I did go back into Leura for a little wander, but as usual it was so busy I did not linger for too long. 


Can't go to Leura without a visit to the Leura Lolly Shop though where I bought some treats for us all.


I picked up Ian and Michael and we drove back to Leura just to drive through and show Michael what a mecca it is for tourists and we found a spot near Gordon Falls which was nice and quiet for lunch.


Afterwards we drove around to Katoomba and the Three Sisters, just so Michael could see what is on all the tourist brochures. It's a bit like having to go to Bondi because everyone knows it, not because it's the best place to go.


I couldn't resist this group of Airedale dogs waiting patiently for their master



At the top of Leura Cascades

 

The middle section of Leura Cascades


Lookout from bottom of Leura Cascades

As it was our anniversary we had a lovely Thai dinner out that evening.


All in all a lovely day.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent, as always, Valerie. But no shot of Leura - I am intrigued to know what it is like.

    ReplyDelete

Legend of the Seas–April 28, 2014–Paris

Our 30th wedding anniversary we happily spent in Paris. We met with Valerie’s French girlfriend for lunch on the Champs Elysees followed by...